Skip to main content

Which was never meant to be


Circa 1993, a splendid corrosion of old identities

 

dissolved at a business school

 

the mindset of allowing

 

new ipseity to harness itself

 

took me to my new evanescent dream

 

which was never to be

 

a cursory stealing glance from her

 

through my accounting notes

 

was enough fodder for my anticipation

 

somehow lead us to exchange our phone numbers

 

and the first call was missed

 

as I was away, attending the “beating retreat”,

 

a celebration of the republic

 

it was a joy of the superlative kind

 

can’t manifest here, in few words

 

the news of a phone call was full of a beatitude

 

Delhi was never so beautiful

 

the next wintry day

 

made me see

 

a girl in shawl over few cups of tea

 

over the terrace of an old building,

 

a makeshift education space

 

I scatterbrained myself, off balance

 

wore a black sweater

 

matched with her black shawl

 

traffic flew by the time

 

gentle breeze swayed her hair

 

while I was engrossed in her simplicity

 

the picayune lectures were the last things

 

in my euphonical mind

 

that hourly chat

 

and the subtle undertones

 

of platonic smiles

 

with the skies of innocence

 

was perhaps the best

 

sound of a mellifluous romance

 

and a theme for lost sleeps

 

for many fortnights

 

but this was a love story

 

which was never to be

 

a debacle of certain kind

 

disturbed by destiny

 

diluted my perseverance

 

but forever enshrined

 

in the density of my mind

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The warmth of a ballad that is you

Few hours are already gone but the aroma of that one hour in the morning today brilliantly matches the feeling that you get when you meet someone who is prepossessing, with the eyes that sparkle perpetually and the wise fragrance of the warmth that starts with a generous hug and sets the day as a therapy in action that beautiful heartful hour when the city was flirting with half sun and half of patchy clouds, was a kind of a poem if one considers steaming breakfast and a animated chatter with a loving human as a complete verse All of it, now that I recall was like a spiritual serendipity, a subtle mindfulness something that I really wish I can describe in these random lines Soulful connections do not always happen randomly there is this organic urge to meet, confabulate and ignite our worlds with each others' presence Your presence is a soothing tender balm and as I take this deep breath and close my eyes I imagine this day would perch in my mind as a sunny bright day where the coo

A

Your aura is consistently brewing in my intractable mind need I say I am drenched in it? the day I met you, and it is so recent like the flower that has bloomed  in this spring of transcendence the beating heart and the soulful parleys co-existed, at least for me, in those three hours the beguilement of your demeanor  and the insights of your innocence it is all embedded in the cells of my prefrontal cortex, refusing to vanish, reluctant to let-go I cannot detach your thoughts from my current state of meditative nonchalance and that is how it has to be as a strain of Sun  touches the feet when I write this at the cusp where the departing winter morning seduces in its spell I can't help but smile and close my eyes I am smitten in a most undiscernible way It is subtle in many ways, definitely profound from another version of my own truth and there are few side effects my intellect has become more illuminated and I am charmed into new  horizons of hope I cannot really explain this so

Your eyes, that smile

your eyes translate your inner conflicts immaculately they shed tears when skewed by innocence or when you rise in love I always see your eyes when i visit that cafe and in the shadow of all the noises of food and cutlery I sneak my glances at you not so deliberately or so it appears if someone could sue me for being lustful towards your eyes I will go broke that smile spoils my character it's like meditation I lose myself all the while the combination is tyrannical for my beliefs