Skip to main content

I may be in love, but cynically so



I hate to say it
but I say it nevertheless
that I get cynical
in thinking that I may be
in love with you

this story that I build
has a history to it
when I remember abstract things like
the movement of your eyes
when you looked at
your favorite dessert
while it rained
I believe that it would not be love
of the template, of the notion
of what it is
to be in love

Merely contemplating
and being nostalgic
are the constructs of
deep attachment, perhaps
is it love then?
or just a passing phase
or a yearning
just to see your face?

I have many other reasons to say
that it could not be love
as I am still searching the real meaning
in knowing who am I
If I am lost, what is love?
Is anyone capable of truly loving?

You are surely inspiring me
to write these words
this serendipity is baffling
on one hand I am still thinking
and being cynical
and on the other
I am transformed into
endless thoughts of calmness and compassion
when I think of you

will I think like this, forever
like a imbecilic philosopher?
or will I deconstruct this
phenomena of being enchanted?
what goes into my mind now?
when I neither deny
or accept
what is going into my mind?

by the end of this verse, am I still cynical?
maybe yes as I do not know who am I
when I think of you

Je déteste le dire
mais je le dis quand même
que je deviens cynique
en pensant que je peux être
amoureux de toi

cette histoire que je construis
a une histoire à cela
quand je me souviens de choses abstraites comme
le mouvement de vos yeux
quand tu as regardé
ton dessert préféré
alors qu'il a plu
Je crois que ce ne serait pas de l'amour
du modèle, de la notion
de ce que c'est
être amoureux

Contemplant simplement
et être nostalgique
sont les constructions de
attachement profond, peut-être
est-ce l'amour alors?
ou juste une phase passagère
ou un désir
juste pour voir ton visage?

J'ai beaucoup d'autres raisons de dire
que ça ne pouvait pas être l'amour
comme je cherche toujours le vrai sens
en sachant qui je suis
Si je suis perdu, qu'est-ce que l'amour?
Quelqu'un est-il capable d'aimer vraiment?

Tu m'inspires sûrement
écrire ces mots
cette sérendipité est déroutant
d'un côté je pense toujours
et être cynique
et de l'autre
Je suis transformé en
pensées infinies de calme et de compassion
quand je pense à toi

vais-je penser comme ça, pour toujours
comme un philosophe imbécile?
ou vais-je déconstruire cette
phénomènes d'être enchanté?
Qu'est-ce qui me passe par la tête maintenant?
quand je ne nie pas
ou accepter
qu'est-ce qui me passe dans la tête?

à la fin de ce verset, suis-je toujours cynique?
peut-être oui car je ne sais pas qui je suis
quand je pense à toi


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The warmth of a ballad that is you

Few hours are already gone but the aroma of that one hour in the morning today brilliantly matches the feeling that you get when you meet someone who is prepossessing, with the eyes that sparkle perpetually and the wise fragrance of the warmth that starts with a generous hug and sets the day as a therapy in action that beautiful heartful hour when the city was flirting with half sun and half of patchy clouds, was a kind of a poem if one considers steaming breakfast and a animated chatter with a loving human as a complete verse All of it, now that I recall was like a spiritual serendipity, a subtle mindfulness something that I really wish I can describe in these random lines Soulful connections do not always happen randomly there is this organic urge to meet, confabulate and ignite our worlds with each others' presence Your presence is a soothing tender balm and as I take this deep breath and close my eyes I imagine this day would perch in my mind as a sunny bright day where the coo

A

Your aura is consistently brewing in my intractable mind need I say I am drenched in it? the day I met you, and it is so recent like the flower that has bloomed  in this spring of transcendence the beating heart and the soulful parleys co-existed, at least for me, in those three hours the beguilement of your demeanor  and the insights of your innocence it is all embedded in the cells of my prefrontal cortex, refusing to vanish, reluctant to let-go I cannot detach your thoughts from my current state of meditative nonchalance and that is how it has to be as a strain of Sun  touches the feet when I write this at the cusp where the departing winter morning seduces in its spell I can't help but smile and close my eyes I am smitten in a most undiscernible way It is subtle in many ways, definitely profound from another version of my own truth and there are few side effects my intellect has become more illuminated and I am charmed into new  horizons of hope I cannot really explain this so

Your eyes, that smile

your eyes translate your inner conflicts immaculately they shed tears when skewed by innocence or when you rise in love I always see your eyes when i visit that cafe and in the shadow of all the noises of food and cutlery I sneak my glances at you not so deliberately or so it appears if someone could sue me for being lustful towards your eyes I will go broke that smile spoils my character it's like meditation I lose myself all the while the combination is tyrannical for my beliefs